HPDICE, Inc. [Hilton Parma Drug Intervention & Community Education] is a 501c3 approved community coalition founded in October, 2014. We are proud to be the 1st and ONLY Community Coalition on the west side of Monroe County, New York and a member of CADCA (Community Anti Drug Coalitions of America). We will work to collaborate with the community on prevention, education and recovery strategies. A primary objective will be to raise awareness about Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and the stigma that overshadows it. We also strive to leverage community strengths and partnerships to build upon synergies that will holistically address local prevention, treatment and recovery substance issues.
How do we do this?
- Received 501c3 not for profit status
- Data collected from Monroe Ambulance, GRANET and via a homegrown local Survey to collect baseline data
- Recipient of $500 Stipend to Host a Town Hall on Underage Drinking
- Received NY Responsible Server Training Certification and can train businesses
- Held first public community substance event in November, Our Community, Our Kids’ Health, Our Future
- First time public release on local data points on substance use
- Became a member of Hilton/Hamlin/Parma Chamber of Commerce and CADCA
- Events / news were published 7 times in local newspapers (Westside news, To your Health, D & C)
- 3,685 pages viewed on our website www.hpdice.org, a 108% increase compared to 2015
- Mentioned in 2 Opening Statements by the Town Supervisor in the Parma Recreation Brochure
- Participated in AppleFest & National Recovery Month at Marketplace Mall with information for the community
- Distributed over 300 door hangers containing local substance data on homes in the village
- 4 members attended the National CADCA Forum in Maryland & Met with State Legislators on Capitol Hill
- Trained 30 members of the Community on Narcan and provided kits
- Grew our roster list by 10 people from the community and surrounding towns
Our Facebook page features informational posts on trends, data, education and other alcohol and drug substance related information. Articles are shared from trusted resources. We are not nor do we claim to be any licensed professionals. We do not endorse any specific products or services.
Our community wellness focus is the Hilton School District and Town of Parma. Therefore, we work with the 14464, 14468, 14515, 14612, 14559, and 14420 zip codes. The school district serves approximately 25,000 residents with a student body of 4,500 and encompasses 68 square miles. The population of the village is 6,500. The Town of Parma is 43.2 square miles and serves 16,000 residents.
We would like to extend an open invitation to the community to join our cause and become involved as a coalition member.